This week we are learning about personification. This is a figurative language technique we can use to up-level our writing. Check out a sample of what some of us came up with today! We are still learning, so some of them are not quite there and others of us have got it...
- The lightening ran across the clouds - Grace
- The storm raged over the country - Bailey
- The trees smiled brightly as the sun touched the leaves - Sarah
- The snow clung to the earth eating all warmth with it - Lucy M
- Blue river water drove down the river bed - Jaike
- The snow danced on the tree tops - Lucy C
- The trees shivered as the snow fell silently on them - Gen and Bailey
- The skin of the earth wrinkled as the sun ravaged the scorched landscape - Horatio
- The trunks of the earth dove into the ground - Lucia
- The desert broke its bones as the sun shone down - Grace
- Slowly, the sun crawled over the top of the mountain - Bee
- The fog lightly wiped its hands on the mountain tops - Sarah
- The light seeped through the wall of trees, reaching towards the meadow - Brynn
Later in the week we will post our poetry!