Thursday 2 February 2017

Welcome back to a new teaching year!

Dear Parents/Caregivers of Team 14,

Kia ora!

For those of you who are not familiar with me my name is Lisa Geraghty and I have the pleasure of educating your children this year. I have been teaching for more than 9 years now and I love every minute of it. I have been looking forward to the year starting and meeting your children. Please email me or come and see me at anytime, I have an open door policy. I am always happy to have a coffee with you after school hours to discuss any questions or needs you have. If you email, I will respond within 24 hours or the next working day.

Some things you may need to know so far:

  • My email address is: l.geraghty@waikanae.school.nz
  • Technology for room 14 is first thing in the morning on Tuesday. Children need to be at school ready for roll check by 8.35am.
  • Children need to have a Waikanae school hat (our only uniform item) for terms 1 and 4.
  • The school policy on personal cell phones or devices are that they are handed to the office in the morning for safe keeping and collected at the end of the day. Alternatively, children may keep these items in their school bags on silent (not to be used during break times). If they are kept in their school bags, the school takes no responsibility for them.
  • My classroom is unlocked from 8am each morning, but your children will not be supervised until after 8.30am.
  • We have a 1-1 ratio for devices this year. Your child will be assigned a chromebook that they will take responsibility for. They will sign a usage contract for room 14 stipulating expectations, which I will send home for your information.
  • I will start a class blog OR facebook page. This will be decided by the weekend and I will update you further on this. Any class work that is posted online will not have last names attached or will be initials only (for privacy). One of these forums will be the main point of communication for room 14.

Attached to this letter is an information sheet that you may or may not wish to fill out and return to me.

I hope you had an enjoyable break, and keep an eye out for the informal meet the teacher evening we have in a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment